Tag Archives: divorce decree

Can I modify my child support order?

Recently on our legal forum a user asked, “I have three small children. At the time my divorce I had a high paying job. I have been out of work for three months. Even if I get a new job I will probably make less money. There is no way I can pay what I used to pay in child support. I love my kids, but I have to be realistic about my options. Can I go back to court and renegotiate my child support order?”

Continue reading